My Design Story
Domonique Baul is a creative art professional with a thorough understanding of design communications. After 15 years of graphic design, digital art and creative problem solving, she has developed excellent presentation skills, a strong sense of concept development, and a basic understanding of web programming.
Baul fell in love with design at an early age. She obtained her first graphic design internship at age 16, creating print collateral for local non-profits. She went on to attend Michigan State University to focus on digital media art and technology with the hope of designing billboards and working for a major magazine. Between 2008 and 2010 year there was a major shift to digital. Baul was introduced to WordPress and other content management systems while interning at an IT company based in Lansing, MI. She was able to leverage her previous knowledge of HTML and CSS to build several custom WordPress websites for small and medium sizes businesses in the Greater Lansing area.
In 2011, Domonique moved back to Detroit, MI to take on the role as project manager for media based youth programs. At the end of the grant period she transitioned back into the private sector working as an entry-level web developer focusing primarily on website maintenance and asset creation. Today, Baul works for a private vendor developing web base training course for GM technicians as well as providing digital media services to local business owners and non-profits.
ReMedia teaming up with Vanguard CDC youth on media EJ Projects
10 Resume Websites Made With Divi
Anointed Christian Theatrical Support (ACTS) Ministry
DFS moves to “anchor schools” model, plants roots in four awesome Metro Detroit schools
• Acted as lead designer while leveraging the Adobe Creative Cloud Ecosystem and Adobe InDesign layout technology to produce 20 ILT courses in less than 40 days. The development included the design of instructor guides, participant guides, PowerPoint presentations and supporting assets. In addition to the courses, I designed a custom map, email simulations, blog post and fictional logos for the required capstone module.
• Leveraged WordPress technology to develop a microsite for the General Motors Technical College. The microsite served as an online portfolio for the college’s Brandon Hall Award application.
• Work with cross-functional teams to produce high fidelity media assets for large-scale Instructor Lead Training, Web Based Training, Video Connected Training, Interactive PDF and eLearning projects.
• Produced over 100 rich media animations using Adobe Flash, Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML5, CSS and XML, and published animations using an internal LMS/LCMS Catapult.
Raytheon Professional Services | Troy, MI | November 2016 – January 2019
• Produced and tested across multiple browsers and platforms using browser-specific development tools
• Provided value-added alternatives after identifying issues regarding content, layout and presentation
• Collaborated with cross functional teams to craft digital solutions for target audience and drive business results
CDK Global | April 2013 – June 2016
Visual Display Tech
• Act as technical liaison and back stage manager for annual holiday productions
Second Ebenezer Church, Multimedia Department | January 2013 – Today
• Led, trained, and coached 100 high school students on basic audio production techniques for the completion of media capstone project.
• Developed employee training and lesson plans for multimedia creation, for print to web use
Detroit Future Schools – Allied Media Projects | August 2012 – March 2013
• Lead team of students in the development and facilitation of media workshop at the 2012 Allied Media Conference. The workshop was later published in the Detroit Future Youth Curriculum.
• Trained and developed 60 students on job readiness and employability skills. Over 85% of students that completed the training obtained summer employment.
• Managed team of 60 students and 7 direct reports during the completion of 6 large scale murals in the historic North End neighborhood
Vanguard Community Development Corporation | May 2011 – April 2013
• Leverage content management systems to maintain client web pages and content
• Designed branding material for Trouble Shooters Technical Support and business clients
Trouble Shooters Technical Support | May 2010 – May 2011
Social Media Marketing Intern
• Developed creative promotions marketed toward target audience to encourage sales and engagement
• Curated social media assets to organize events and attract over 200 new customers
• Designed over 60 printed campaigns to promote specials and events
Russell Industrial Center | February 2010 – May 2010
User Interaction Design Researcher
• Identified usage trends by developing personas, customer journey maps and user stories
• Collaborated with development team to create a positive user experience and eye catching landing pages
• Created design assets as requested by development team and led iteration 1 of visual styling
Michigan State University | Senior Media Capstone Project | January 2009 – May 2009
Digital Media Designer
State News | October 2006 – August 2007
Freelance Senior Designer
• Use software to create wireframes, interaction maps and user journeys
Tr3 Media Solutions | January 2006 – Present
• Provided client assistance on questions, orders and invoices via meeting, phone or email
• Led communications and collaboration between the business and design team
• Designed custom logos, brochures, letterheads, and business cards for identity packages
• Created display boards and program booklets for annual events and programs
• Worked with management to complete projects from concept to completion
Urban Artist Collective | September 2004 – July 2006
Michigan State University
Emphasis in Digital Media Arts and Technology
Kent State University
Emphasis in User Experience Design